The watchmaking empire all started when Antoine LeCoultre created a machine to produce watch parts in the year 1833. After creating some very accurate measuring instruments in the following years LeCoultre teamed up with his son to build a place where they could put together all the expertise and instrument to build watches there selves. The first ‘Manufacture’ in the Vallee du Joux district was born!
In 1903 the Parisian watchmaker Edmond Jeager challenged Antoine LeCoultre’s grandson, who took over the company, to build a few calibers that Jeager had invented. That worked out very well over the years and led to the founding of Jeager-LeCoultre in 1937.